A tasty way to use up leftover cranberry sauce. Serve it on tacos, quesadillas or with multigrain chips.
- cranberry sauce - 1 cup
- ground cumin - 1/2 tsp.
- cayenne pepper - 1/4 tsp.
- Lime - juice from 1/2
- apple - 1/2, peeled and chopped
- cilantro - 2 Tbs. chopped (optional)
In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the chopped apple until slightly soft. Add the cumin and cayenne and stir for 30 seconds. Add the cranberry sauce to the pan and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the lime juice and chopped cilantro, if using, and stir to combine.
Other tasty ways to use cranberry sauce:
- Top OatMEAL Cups with a dollop of cranberry sauce and toasted walnuts. (Especially delicious on our Cranberry + Orange flavor.)
- Freeze leftover cranberry sauce in ice cube trays and pop the cubes into smoothies.
- Make cranberry sauce into Cranberry Apple Salsa and use it on tacos and quesadillas or serve it with multigrain chips for an afternoon snack.